2017 Parent Learning Weekend
In July of 2017, 18 parents attended the fourth annual Parent Learning Weekend at the Oregon Garden Resort. More.
Laying the Foundation for Communication Exchange:
Part 1 - How to Start
This free webinar for families and professionals will be presented by Susan Bashinski from Missouri Western State University.
When? February 28, 2018 at 12pm PT / 1pm MT / 2pm CT/ 3pm ET
Tools and resources developed by the Oregon Deafblind Working Group to assist parents, students and educational teams.
- Screening checklists to determine if other factors (e.g. Usher Syndrome) impact learning.
- What Do I Do Next? Next steps for teachers with a child in their classroom who may have Usher Syndrome.
- Usher Syndrome Resources: Links to a variety of resources and information about Usher Syndrome.
- The Hearing Screening Checklist, a tool for educators and family to determine whether a child should be referred to a D/HH Specialist or audiologist for further testing.
The ODB Family Guide: information and resources for families.
In Case of Emergency
Resources to help you and your family plan for and survive in case of an emergency.
- To register a child who is deafblind, please download the Oregon DeafBlind Project Child Registration Form, fill it out and return.
- Letter from OSEP Project Officer, Joann McCann.
- How do you identify a child who is deafblind? Learn how with the Observation and the practiced eyes training module.
- National Center on Deaf-Blindness